Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Big Book of Appetizers; serve with Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Make and share this Vietnamese-Style Chicken Salad Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces rice sticks
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh basil, preferably Thai
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 sheets rice paper, rounds (8-inch)
- In a big bowl, soak the rice-stick vermicelli in hot water to cover until softened and pliable, about 15 minutes; drain in a colander, rinse under cold water, and drain well again.
- In a small bowl, whisk the rice vinegar, fish sauce, and sugar together until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the vermicelli to a nonreactive salad bowl along with chicken, carrots, cabbage, basil, mint, cilantro, and rice vinegar mixture; toss to combine.
- Put a double thickness of paper towel on a work surface, and fill a shallow baking pan with warm water.
- Check the rice paper rounds and use only those that have no holes.
- Soak 1 round in warm water until pliable, about 30 seconds to 1 minute; carefully transfer to paper towels.
- Place ½ cup filling across the bottom third (the part nearest you) of the rice paper; fold the bottom half of the rice paper over the filling and begin rolling it up tightly, stopping at the halfway point.
- Fold in the ends and continue rolling.
- Transfer the salad roll, seam side down to a plate and cover with dampened paper towels.
- Make 9 more rolls in same manner.
- To serve, cut the rolls in half crosswise; stand pieces upright; serve with dipping sauce.
- The salad rolls can be made 4 hours ahead and chilled, covered with lightly dampened paper towels and then with plastic wrap; let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.