Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo
Top Review by duonyte
We really enjoyed this for dinner tonight. I soaked the noodles a little too long, my fault. I also used some sliced sweet bell peppers in addition to a bit of the carrot (which I got tired of cutting up!), and less of the nam pla and soy sauce (I think I used about 1/3rd). Very flavorful, I only wish scallops were a bit more reasonable.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste (to taste)
- 6 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium scallops
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 4 green onions, white part only, thinly sliced on the diagonal (set aside green parts for garnish)
- 2 carrots, thinly julienned
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Coconut sauce: In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Stir-fry: In a large bowl, pour boiling water over the vermicelli and soak for about 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels.
- Heat half the peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Brown half the scallops, about 1 minute per side. Season with salt and set aside. Repeat with the remaining oil and scallops. Set aside.
- In the same wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry the onions, carrots and garlic in the sesame oil, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the coconut sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce until the sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the scallops and cook just long enough to heat through.
- Serve on the vermicelli. Garnish with green onions, peanuts and cilantro.