1/1 Photo of Vietnamese Steamed Buns (banh Bao)
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Can be frozen before steaming. Keep in freezer for 1-2 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Submerge mushroom in hot water until softened. Take them out, dry and finely juliene. Reserve water.
- 2Heat some oil in a skillet, put in onions and let it sweat for a while. Stir in the rest of filling except boiled eggs and BBQ pork. Season with fish sauce and pepper to taste.
- 3Add sugar to milk to dissolve. Add flour one cup at a time, after each time kneed the dough before adding the next cup. Put dough into a large mixing bowl, put a damp cheese cloth over to prevent drying out.
- 4Cut a handful of dough (size to your choice), roll out thin (use bread roller or the smaller dumpling roller). Add a spoonful of filling, 1 piece of egg, BBQ pork. Seal dough tight around filling and put on a cut-out piece of parchment paper. Steam buns for about 15 minutes. These buns freeze pretty well as well, if you want to make a big batch at a time.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Steamed Buns (banh Bao)
Serving Size: 1 (2490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 292.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: