These are really yummy - good, vibrant flavour and not difficult to make at all. Does not include marinating time of at least 1 hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 lemons, juice and rind of
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Cut beef across the grain in thin slices; combine lemon peel, juice, 2 tablespoons sugar, sesame oil, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper in medium bowl; add beef; toss to coat; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2Combine water, vinegar, remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small saucepan; bring to a boil; boil 5 minutes without stirring until syrupy; stir in crushed red pepper; set aside.
- 3Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- 4Thread beef onto metal or wooden skewers (soak wooden skewers in hot water 30 minutes to prevent burning); grill beef over medium-hot briquette about 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- 5Grill tortillas until hot.
- 6Place lettuce, onion, beef, mint and cilantro on tortillas; drizzle with vinegar mixture; roll tortillas to enclose filling.
- 7Note: You can also grill these under a preheated broiler or flash-fry.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Steak Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (1536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.9
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 910.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 29.3 g