Recipe by Gerry
These spring rolls were a sell out at one of our annual school projects several years ago and have been a favorite at our house as well as at the Spring Mosaic. A Jean Pare recipe from "Company's Coming Asian Cooking" and one that never fails to please. Make for wonderful appetizers.
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 cup carrot (finely grated)
- 1⁄2 cup rice vermicelli (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 large egg (fork beaten)
- 25 spring roll wrappers (6 inch size)
- cooking oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl add first nine ingredients mixing well.
- Place about 2 tablespoons filling in centre of each spring roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner up over filling, fold in both sides.
- Dampen edge of wrapper and roll tightly to seal
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Deep fry in hot (375 ) cooking oil in large wok or deep fryer for about five minutes, turning at half time, until golden.