1/5 Photos of Vietnamese Spring Rolls
These spring rolls were a sell out at one of our annual school projects several years ago and have been a favorite at our house as well as at the Spring Mosaic. A Jean Pare recipe from "Company's Coming Asian Cooking" and one that never fails to please. Make for wonderful appetizers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 cup carrot (finely grated)
- 1/2 cup rice vermicelli (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 large egg (fork beaten)
- 25 spring roll wrappers (6 inch size)
- cooking oil (for deep frying)
- 1In large bowl add first nine ingredients mixing well.
- 2Place about 2 tablespoons filling in centre of each spring roll wrapper.
- 3Fold bottom corner up over filling, fold in both sides.
- 4Dampen edge of wrapper and roll tightly to seal
- 5Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- 6Deep fry in hot (375 ) cooking oil in large wok or deep fryer for about five minutes, turning at half time, until golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 122.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: