Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
WOW! Steak & onions like you've never had! Found at WOKME! Please note that the beef marinates overnight, which is why prep time is 1 day. Bit it cooks up really quickly!
- 500 g tenderloin or 500 g steak fillets, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into cubes
- Combine the steak, salt, sugar, garlic, ginger and lemon grass and the black pepper and marinate over night in an air tight container.
- Heat a frying pan or wok and add a little oil, add the onion stir-fry until limp but not cooked.
- In small batches add the meat mixture until nearly cooked.
- Heat the wok to high again and then add all the ingredients, stirring until cooked.
- Served with steamed rice.
We really enjoyed this tasty dish. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. I used a nice sirlion steak, it worked great in the stir fry. Wow, what flavor Bethie. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, its really good. Quick and easy to make with lovely results. I marinaded the steak mixture for 10 hours, it was wonderful. Served with Jasmin Rice, tomato wedges and garnished with green onions.
I trimmed off the tenderloin side of two large porterhouse steaks, cubed them and used that for the meat. It was slightly under a pound. I used the full amount of marinade ingredients, and in retrospect should have reduced the salt somewhat because it was a bit salty. I allowed the meat to marinade for about 4 hours and the flavors came through nicely. It came together very quickly and was an easy and tasty meal. Made for Mike and the Appliance Killers, ZWT9.