Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just made this and it is sooo delicious. It is a perfect summer salad with delicious shrimp, a fantastic dressing, and juicy pineapple. Enjoy! I have modified this from a recipe in a Dutch magazine called "libelle", No. 29, 2004.
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 4 -5 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 finely sliced red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried chili
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 -3 cups shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup asparagus (new tiny asparagus is best)
- 1⁄4 head iceberg lettuce, chopped into slices
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 pineapple, hollowed out and cut into pieces
- 1 cup finely sliced cucumber
- Bring all of the ingredients in the dressing to a boil.
- Stir occasionally until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste the sauce and add salt/sugar as necessary: the sauce should be sweet/sour.
- Place the shrimp in the sauce and allow to simmer.
- Cook the asparagus.
- The time for this will vary depending on how thick the asparagus is.
- For tiny asparagus, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the shrimp.
- Take this mixture off of the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix together the shrimp/asparagus/dressing, lettuce, peaches, pineapple, and cucumber together, and serve in the hollowed out pineapple halves.
Okay, the sauce was very delicious thank you for that amazing recipe. I plan on using it on rice and meat for future recipes. THis way the sauce gets magnified by being absorbed by the rice and meat. We found that the fruit just diluted the sauce's zip. The fish ended up without much flavor after it was mixed in with the fruit. The pineapple overwhelmed. It tasted like a fruit salad with shrimp on top. It looked so beautiful though, we took pictures! A fun refreshing salad, just won't repeat.