Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great starter for an Asian-themed meal.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 6 scallions, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- fresh ginger, peeled and minced (2-inch piece)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 12 ounces raw tiger shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- 12 medium rice paper, wrappers
- 1 small English cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, for garnish
- Heat wok until hot; add in oil; then add in the scallions, yellow pepper, ginger, and lime leaves; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Toss in the shrimp with the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and sugar; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the beansprouts; toss until wilted; remove from heat.
- Fill a heatproof bowl with just boiled water; put 2 rice-paper wrappers on top of one another and soak in the water until they are pliable and opaque, about 20 seconds.
- Carefully remove, using a slotted spatula, drain for a second, and place flat on a plate.
- Pat dry a few strips of cucumber and arrange down the center of the double-layered wrapper, followed by 2 teaspoons of the shrimp mixture.
- Fold over one end to make a base, then roll the wrapper around the filling, leaving the top open.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and shrimp mixture.
- Serve the rolls sprinkled with cilantro leaves.