- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced shallot
- 100 g prawns
- 100 g thinly sliced squid
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup of grated papaya
- 2 sliced long red chilies (deseeded)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup of mixed mint (Vietnamese and Standard)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir fry shallots in oil until lightly brown, add prawns and cook for 1 minute. Add squid and ginger and continue to cook 3-4 minutes, add black pepper at the end and remove from heat into a large bowl.
- Add the papaya and chilli together, add to the seafood mixture. Combine the sugar, salt and juice together until dissolved. Pour over the salad and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the toasted sesame seeds and mint, toss lightly, serve with crispy rice paper or prawn crackers. (Don't add too early or else the seeds will go soft and the mint will turn black).