1/2 Photos of Vietnamese Seafood Curry
A recipe from Notebook magazine- easy and tasty. Easily made gluten-free provided the curry powder and fish sauce used are gluten-free too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 39.43 ml vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, halved lengthways, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 small red chilies, seeded, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml mild indian curry powder (gluten-free if required for diet)
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 14.79 ml fish sauce (gluten-free if required for diet)
- 750 g firm-fleshed white boneless fish fillets, cut into 6cm pieces
- 750 g medium green king prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving tails intact
- 300 g sugar snap peas, trimmed or 300 g snow peas
- 118.29 ml Thai basil (use regular basil if Thai basil not available)
- steamed jasmine rice and lime wedge, to serve
- 1Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic, shallots and carrot and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add lemongrass, chillies and curry powder and cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- 4Add coconut milk, 1 cup water and fish sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- 5Add fish and simmer gently, partially covered, for 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in prawns and peas and simmer gently, partially covered, for 2 minutes or until seafood is tender.
- 7Serve scattered with basil leaves, with steamed rice and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Seafood Curry
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.9
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 236.2 mg
- Sodium 1454.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless fish fillets