1/2 Photos of Vietnamese Seafood Curry
A recipe from Notebook magazine- easy and tasty. Easily made gluten-free provided the curry powder and fish sauce used are gluten-free too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, halved lengthways, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 small red chilies, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mild indian curry powder (gluten-free if required for diet)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (gluten-free if required for diet)
- 750 g firm-fleshed white boneless fish fillets, cut into 6cm pieces
- 750 g medium green king prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving tails intact
- 300 g sugar snap peas, trimmed or 300 g snow peas
- 1/2 cup Thai basil (use regular basil if Thai basil not available)
- steamed jasmine rice and lime wedge, to serve
- 1Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic, shallots and carrot and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add lemongrass, chillies and curry powder and cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- 4Add coconut milk, 1 cup water and fish sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- 5Add fish and simmer gently, partially covered, for 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in prawns and peas and simmer gently, partially covered, for 2 minutes or until seafood is tender.
- 7Serve scattered with basil leaves, with steamed rice and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Seafood Curry
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.9
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 236.2 mg
- Sodium 1454.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless fish fillets