1/2 Photos of Vietnamese Sandwiches
This is one of my husbands favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 1 (16 inch) baguette
- 4 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked or 3/4 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1With chef's knife, mash garlic and salt into a paste.
- 2Transfer to a mixing bowl and add vinegar and sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- 3Add carrots, onions and chilies.
- 4Toss to coat, set aside.
- 5Slice baguette into 4 equal lengths.
- 6Split each piece horizontally.
- 7Spread cut sides with mayonnaise.
- 8Arrange the meat on the 4 bottom halves.
- 9Sprinkle with lime juice and 5-spice powder.
- 10Top with the carrot salad and a shower of cilantro leaves.
- 11Cover with bread tops.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 777.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar