Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wow, I love these fresh and healthy salad rolls, and I can't believe I couldn't find a recipe on this site (unless I'm blind)!
- 2 ounces rice vermicelli, cooked
- 8 large rice paper sheets
- 8 large cooked shrimp, deveined, peeled, and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 leaves lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peanuts
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Soak one rice wrapper in the water until soft (a couple of seconds). Lay wrapper flat.
- In a row across the center, place two shrimp halves, then below that a handful of vermicelli, then basil, mint, cilantro, and lettuce, leaving two inches free on each side.
- Fold uncovered sides inward, then then tightly roll the wrapper, starting with the lettuce which should be closest to you.
- Repeat for remaining wrappers.
- In a small bowl, mix Hoisin sauce, peanut butter, chili sauce, and peanuts. Use as dipping sauce for the completed rolls.