We made this dish by Bobby Flay to go with a crispy, grilled duck we're doing on the BGE tonight. We started out with a big bowl of steaming, salted edamame and a chilled Sauvignon Blanc. Note: to this we added a chopped green onion, Thai chili sauce, and rice wine vinegar just to finish it off. Great warm weather food!
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb dried rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cucumber, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin half rounds
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted nuts, chopped
- Place the garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, honey, lime juice, fish sauce and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse well with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce, noodles, carrots, cucumber, mint, and napa cabbage.
- Toss well and garnish with chopped nuts.