Recipe by Trinkets
We made this dish by Bobby Flay to go with a crispy, grilled duck we're doing on the BGE tonight. We started out with a big bowl of steaming, salted edamame and a chilled Sauvignon Blanc. Note: to this we added a chopped green onion, Thai chili sauce, and rice wine vinegar just to finish it off. Great warm weather food!
Top Review by Bhappy's kitchen
Very tasty and goes so well with Vietnamese Pork Chops we marinated and grilled. I will post that recipe as it is a real keeper! Thanks to the chef that suggested adding Thai chili sauce, we did that as well, and served it warm.
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb dried rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cucumber, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin half rounds
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, honey, lime juice, fish sauce and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse well with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce, noodles, carrots, cucumber, mint, and napa cabbage.
- Toss well and garnish with chopped nuts.