1/1 Photo of Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad
We made this dish by Bobby Flay to go with a crispy, grilled duck we're doing on the BGE tonight. We started out with a big bowl of steaming, salted edamame and a chilled Sauvignon Blanc. Note: to this we added a chopped green onion, Thai chili sauce, and rice wine vinegar just to finish it off. Great warm weather food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb dried rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cucumber, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin half rounds
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup dry roasted nuts, chopped
- 1Place the garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, honey, lime juice, fish sauce and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Drain, rinse well with cold water and drain again.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the sauce, noodles, carrots, cucumber, mint, and napa cabbage.
- 5Toss well and garnish with chopped nuts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1769.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g