Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
We made this dish by Bobby Flay to go with a crispy, grilled duck we're doing on the BGE tonight. We started out with a big bowl of steaming, salted edamame and a chilled Sauvignon Blanc. Note: to this we added a chopped green onion, Thai chili sauce, and rice wine vinegar just to finish it off. Great warm weather food!
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb dried rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cucumber, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin half rounds
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted nuts, chopped
- Place the garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, honey, lime juice, fish sauce and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse well with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce, noodles, carrots, cucumber, mint, and napa cabbage.
- Toss well and garnish with chopped nuts.
Very tasty and goes so well with Vietnamese Pork Chops we marinated and grilled. I will post that recipe as it is a real keeper! Thanks to the chef that suggested adding Thai chili sauce, we did that as well, and served it warm.
Made for Veggie Tag- Nice rice noodle salad but the fish sauce was a little too strong here. Next time I will reduce it to about 2 TBSP rather than 3. So glad that the freeze waited til I got to harvest the last of my mint that I had growing outside. All the fresh ingredients here are very nice. I used my wavy bladed attachment on my mandolin which made them even prettier. Thanks for a nice salad that is very different and refreshing.
The flavors in this salad are so fresh and bright. I'm not a huge cilantro fan so I used half cilantro and half parsley in the sauce mixture, but I think it would have been better to use all cilantro. This was a great summer, lunchtime salad.