A recipe from Ricardo
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pork tenderloin, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc-mam)
- salt and pepper
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- approximately 200 g rice vermicelli, cooked, at room temperature
- 1 head boston lettuce
- mint or cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2In the bowl of a food processor, chop the pork, garlic, rice vinegar, lime zest, green onion and fish sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into 10-cm (4-inch) long sausages and thread onto the skewers. Place on the baking sheet and bake in middle of the oven for about 15 minutes, turning the skewers halfway through the cooking. Once cooked, remove the skewers.
- 3Sauce: In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Serve at room temperature.
- 4When serving, place on the table: skewers, sauce, noodles, herbs and the detached lettuce leaves. Each person makes his own dish by placing some noodles, sausage and herbs on a lettuce leaf. Roll, dip into the sauce and enjoy.
- 5Makes 3 skewers per person.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for VIetnamese Pork Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 1950.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: