A sandwich far from boring. From Minced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the carrot slaw
For the mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
For the meatballs
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, roots trimmed, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (include seeds for a spicier meatball)
- 1 teaspoon minced lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large French baguette, cut into 4 (6-inch)
- 1In a small bowl, toss the grated carrots with the granulated sugar and unseasoned rice vinegar. Let stand for at least 30 minutes and preferably one hour at room temperature. Stir often.
- 2In another small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and sriracha hot sauce. Chill until ready to use.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the pork, garlic, green onions, jalapeño, lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar, salt and cornstarch. Shape the mixture into 16 golf-ball size meatballs and set aside.
- 4In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat until hot. Add the meatballs and cook for about about 12 minutes. Turn them often so they brown equally on all sides. Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set aside.
- 5Cut the baguette pieces in half and pull out excess bread from the bottom half of the baguette to create a shell for the meatballs. Fill each shell with four meatballs and top with 1/2 cup of the carrot slaw. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Spread sriracha mayonnaise on the top halves of the bread and place on top of the meatballs. Serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Pork Meatball Banh Mi
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.0
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 1179.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: