1 hr 30 mins
Chef #2429459's Note:
In South Area, Vietnam, there are many delicious Vietnamese Pork Recipes. One of them is Pork Leg Rice Spaghetti Soup (Banh Canh Gio Heo). It is really easy to eat. I usually use this dish in mornings like my breakfast meals. Eating when it is still hot will bring you a good feeling for staring new day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg rice noodles (Banh Canh)
- 1 kg pork bone
- 1 kg pork leg (no bones)
- 200 g vietnamese mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 white radish
- 1Step 1: Rub salt to pork bones, then clean and scald into hot water about 15 minutes.
- 2Step 2: Clean pork legs in water with a little salt. Then scald into hot water about 15 minutes.
- 3Step 3: Mince garlic, slice onion and spring onion. Chop off root of mushroom, soak into water about 15 minutes then let them out, wait to dry. Peel off the cover of carrot and radish, next cut them into medium pieces (2cm).
- 4Step 4: Making broth: Boil 5 liter water about 15 minutes then put pork legs and bones into pot with medium. I suggest, do not cover pot. With one of stunning Vietnamese Pork Recipes, this is the most important step of Pork Legs Rice Spaghetti Soup. Cook about 60 – 70 minutes, add more sliced carrot and radish into pot. And cook more 30 minutes or until carrot and radish become soft.
- 5Step 5: Fry mushroom and garlic about 5 minutes and then pour them all into broth. Cook more 15 minutes. Then turn off the heat. Let pork legs out the broth. Season for broth: Pepper, salt, sugar, monosodium till it is suit with your taste. Then, you add sliced onion and dried shallot into broth.
- 6Step 6: Boil water; add rice spaghetti into pot about 5 minutes to clean. Next, slice pork legs to medium pieces.
- 7Finally, you can serve this dish for your friends and family. I recommend you should use when it is hot. It will create a stunning flavor for you. And I bet your friends and family will love it.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Pork Leg Rice Spaghetti Soup Recipe (Banh Canh Gio He
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 117.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: