1/1 Photo of Vietnamese Pork Balls With Hot and Sour Dipping Sauce
a fabulous appetizer or cocktail recipe. Vietnamese food is bursting with fresh simple flavor and this recipe is no different. does not include 1 hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pork balls
- 500 g ground lean pork
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 green bird's eye chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the dipping sauce
- 1To make the pork balls: place all the ingredients for the pork balls except the egg white and cornflour, into a bowl and mix well.
- 2Add the egg white and cornflour to bind.
- 3Place in the fridge to firm for about 1 hour.
- 4Divide the mixture into 24 equal-sized balls
- 5Heat the chilli oil and olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
- 6Add the pork balls and brown on all sides.
- 7Reduce the heat and cook gently for 8-9 minutes until cooked through
- 8Remove from the pan, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- 9To make the dipping sauce: heat the chilli oil in a medium pan and add the onion.
- 10Cook gently until soft and translucent.
- 11Add the brown sugar and the chilli sauce and stir until the sugar has dissolved
- 12Add the ketchup, rice vinegar and Nam Pla and heat through.
- 13Leave to cool.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Pork Balls With Hot and Sour Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.1
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 1144.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green bird's eye chilies
rice wine vinegar