1 hr 5 mins
Recipe source: Sticks & Skewers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups ground pork
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 stalks lemongrass, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 red chilies, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
for the nuoc cham
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lime, seeded and chopped (peel included)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1Soak 12-16 wooden skewers or chopsticks in water for 30 minutes before using.
- 2In a food processor combine the first 8 ingredients (pork - egg), processing until a paste is formed. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Take 1-2 tablespoons of mixture and using wet hands form into a ball; repeat until all the mixture is used. Press soaked skewer through the middle of each ball and thread 2-3 balls onto each stick. Pat until snug and chill.
- 4To make the Nuoc Cham, in a spice mill or motor and pestle combine the next 3 ingredients (garlic - sugar). Add the chopped lime and any lime juice that has been collected, puree again and then stir in fish sauce and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- 5Toast the peanuts in a dry skillet and then crush coarsely and set aside.
- 6Soak noodles in hot water for 15 minutes and then boil for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- 7Light a grill or preheat broiler and grill balls until cooked through.
- 8Serve pork balls, sprinkled with the nuts and with a salad made of lettuce, mint and basil.
- 9To eat, remove from sticks, wrap in lettuce, add carrots, noodles, peanuts and herbs, roll up and dip in the Nuco Cham.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Pork Ball Brochettes
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 960.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: