1/5 Photos of Vietnamese Pork and Scallion Lettuce Wraps
C in PA's Note:
What a great, tasty meal this is. I found this recipe years ago somewhere on the Internet, and it is definitely a staple for us. You can substitute chicken for the pork, if desired. I also make just the sauce and use it as a sweet/sour stir fry sauce. Everyone assembles their own lettuce wraps, which is also fun for kids! Fantastique!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 scallions
- 3/4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup cooked rice (I prefer jasmine) or 1 cup cooked jasmine rice (I prefer jasmine)
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- lettuce (I prefer butter or red leaf) or butter lettuce (I prefer butter or red leaf) or red leaf lettuce, washed (I prefer butter or red leaf)
- 1Place meat strips in plastic zipper bag.
- 2In food processor, blend soy sauce, honey, pepper, scallions, 3/4 tbsp sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- 3Pour into bag and marinate meat for several hours.
- 4Take meat out of bag, reserving marinade.
- 5Stir fry meat until done.
- 6Take meat out of pan and cover.
- 7In pan, pour in rest of the marinade and the marmalade and vinegar.
- 8Boil over high heat for 1 minute.
- 9Layer rice, meat, and sauce on lettuce leaf.
- 10Wrap and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Pork and Scallion Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 1073.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: