What a great, tasty meal this is. I found this recipe years ago somewhere on the Internet, and it is definitely a staple for us. You can substitute chicken for the pork, if desired. I also make just the sauce and use it as a sweet/sour stir fry sauce. Everyone assembles their own lettuce wraps, which is also fun for kids! Fantastique!
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 scallions
- 3⁄4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup cooked rice (I prefer jasmine) or 1 cup cooked jasmine rice (I prefer jasmine)
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- lettuce (I prefer butter or red leaf) or butter lettuce (I prefer butter or red leaf) or red leaf lettuce, washed (I prefer butter or red leaf)
- Place meat strips in plastic zipper bag.
- In food processor, blend soy sauce, honey, pepper, scallions, 3/4 tbsp sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Pour into bag and marinate meat for several hours.
- Take meat out of bag, reserving marinade.
- Stir fry meat until done.
- Take meat out of pan and cover.
- In pan, pour in rest of the marinade and the marmalade and vinegar.
- Boil over high heat for 1 minute.
- Layer rice, meat, and sauce on lettuce leaf.
- Wrap and enjoy!
Quite delicious! Easy to make and put together. The sauce in particular was very good, I just wish there had been more of it. I left the meat in the marinade overnight and when I put the meat in the frypan there wasn't a lot of marinade left, less than a quarter cup. We really loved the marmalade flavour it added a lot to the sauce. Will be making this again, thanks for posting!
This recipe was delicious and easy to prepare. I was also able to purchase all of the ingredients in our small town grocery store. Even my "picky" daughter love the pork and the sauce.