Recipe by Sue Lau
This is not an egg roll. Chicken filled with ham and shrimp.
Top Review by I'mPat
Made these as part of an appy night for 3 (the DM, DS and myself) and served with sweet and sour sauce. With the 2 breasts and the tenderloins from them I got 12 rolls and as my 12 shrimp were more medium than small I ended up with nearly half the mix over (will use in steamed dim sums tomorrow). We all thoroughly enjoyed and gave it the big five up. Thank you Sue L, made for Newest ZAAR Tag.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 10 pieces ham, about 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 12 -15 small shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced lemongrass (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- cooking oil
- nuoc cham sauce (recipe ID #25375 Nuoc Cham - Vietnamese Spicy Fish Sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken into 5 thin strips, about 5 per breast.
- Flatten with a Chinese cleaver or mallet.
- Mash shrimp; add onions, lemongrass, salt and pepper and blend into a thick paste.
- Lay ham strips on the chicken pieces; add a tsp of shrimp to each, and roll.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Dip in cornstarch, then fry in oil in a skillet until golden brown.
- Serve with my recipe for"Nuoc Cham- Vietnamese Spicy Fish Sauce" (recipe#25375).