1/1 Photo of Vietnamese Phoenix Rolls - Banh Phuong Hoang
Sue Lau's Note:
This is not an egg roll. Chicken filled with ham and shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 10 pieces ham, about 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 12 -15 small shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced lemongrass (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- cooking oil
- nuoc cham sauce (recipe ID #25375 Nuoc Cham - Vietnamese Spicy Fish Sauce)
- 1Slice chicken into 5 thin strips, about 5 per breast.
- 2Flatten with a Chinese cleaver or mallet.
- 3Mash shrimp; add onions, lemongrass, salt and pepper and blend into a thick paste.
- 4Lay ham strips on the chicken pieces; add a tsp of shrimp to each, and roll.
- 5Secure with toothpicks.
- 6Dip in cornstarch, then fry in oil in a skillet until golden brown.
- 7Serve with my recipe for"Nuoc Cham- Vietnamese Spicy Fish Sauce" (Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Spicy Fish Sauce)).
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Phoenix Rolls - Banh Phuong Hoang
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 196.0 mg
- Sodium 309.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: