Haven't made this yet.
Make and share this Vietnamese Pho With Beef - America's Test Kitchen recipe from Food.com.
- 9 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 3 slices lime zest (each 2.5 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon juice (from one lime)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 8 ounces thick rice noodles
- 1 lb sirloin steak, tips thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon asian chili-garlic sauce
- 4 scallions, thinly slice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh whole cilantro leaf
- Prepare ginger. Peel, halve lengthwise and smash it.
- Bring broth, ginger, lime zest and five-spice powder to boil in dutch oven over med-hi heat. Add noodles and cook until nearly tender, about 5 minuts.Stir in beef. Simmer until cooked thru and noodles are completely tender, about 2 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in fish sauce, chili-garlic sauce and lime juice. Remove ginger and zest with slotted spoon. Stir in scallions and cilantro; serve.