Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and nutritious, a good vegetarian dish with excellent flavour and low in fat. This recipe is quick and simple to make.
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh vietnamese mint
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 230 g sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon mild chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- Place mushrooms in small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water. Stand for 20 minutes; drain. Discard stems, slice capsicums thinly.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk and mint in a medium bowl until combined.
- Heat half of the oil in medium frying pan; cook onion, garlic and bamboo shoots, stirring until onion softens. Add carrot and capsicum; cook, stirring, until carrot is just tender. Add mushrooms, sprouts, sauces and coriander; cook, stirring, until heated through. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add a quarter of the egg mixture; cook over medium heat, tilting pan, until egg mixture is almost set. Place a quarter of the vegetable mixture evenly over half of the omelette.
- Fold omelette over to enclose filling, slide onto serving place. Repeat with remaining egg and vegetable mixtures.
I made this from the womens weekly "Vegie main meals" book tonight. Very delicous i served this with steamed vegtables. Nice filling meal. A keeper i think! TH MellowMel