Recipe by shelshel0110
I got this recipe out of Curves magazine. It turned out so good, I made it again 2 nights later. I made it a little different than the recipe below. I knew we wouldn't be able to find the star anise in our grocery store, so I asked my husband to pick up a bulb a fennel (same flavor pretty much). What he thought was fennel was actually nappa cabbage. So, I threw a few leaves of that in there instead.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups rice noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1 lb steak, cooked and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- fresh cilantro
- of fresh mint
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a meduim saucepan, bring the chicken stock, ginger, star anise, cinnamon stick, soy sauce, bok choy, and carrots to a simmer. Cook about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove spices with tongs.
- Divide broth among 4 large soup bowls. Place 1/2 cup of the cooked rice noodles into each bowl.
- Divide the remaining ingredients into 4 portions and place them on a plate next to each bowl. Diners can add these to their bowls as desired.