Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mint is my new love. This dish is flavorful, fresh, easy and fast. I could eat this every day. (The picture that I'm posting shows the noodles with roasted pork fillet with sesame seeds)
- 8 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1 cup Thai basil, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cool the rice noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Toss the noodles with the basil and the mint.
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar, add to the noodles and toss well.
Wonderful & refreshing! Great side for marinated grilled strips of lamb on skewers! Did add 1/2 cup or so of minced scallions. Plan to serve this as a side for some firey hot BBQ'd shrimp soon since we are apparently not going to get any winter here & the mint is growing crazy. TY for a surprisingly fine keeper! Will add Thai basil to it in the real spring once the basil is up & growing.
Great base recipe. LOVE the mint here. The dish as is seems a little sweet to me. Garlic and onion of some sort would really balance that nicely. This would be really nice with some added veggies too. Thanks for a really different recipe! Made for Newest Tag!