Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
something different with rice paper wraps
- 0.5 (125 g) packagetrident rice vermicelli, softened in hot water
- 450 g diced lean pork
- 1 spring onion, chopped (white part only)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons trident stir-fry fish sauce
- cornflour or plain flour
- 2 -3 cups oil, for deep-frying
- 20 sheets rice paper, circles (1/2 packet of Trident Rice Paper Roll Kit)
- 20 small lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- Grind the pork, spring onion, garlic, Trident Stir-Fry Fish Sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper to a smooth paste in a food processor.
- Form the paste into 20 small balls and coat with flour or cornflour.
- Heat the oil in a wok to medium-hot.
- Deep fry meatballs for about 2 minutes until golden.
- Soften rice paper in hot water and then spread it out on paper towel.
- Add a few meatballs, some lettuce, a little softened vermicelli and a mint leaf.
- Fold the rice paper and serve with dipping sauce.