Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I came up with because I like Vietnamese food. This recipe can be used as an appetizer, for an entree, or in soup. It is easy but delicious!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large mixing bowl put the ground beef, egg, bread, fish sauce, garlic, black pepper, sugar and sesame oil.
- Mix well with your hands and form into golf-size balls.
- Fill a frying pan 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the meat balls and boil until cooked through.
- Serve as an appetizer with oriental hot chili sauce on the side.
- To Use in Soup: Put the cooked meat balls in some hot beef broth that has been seasoned with 1 Table. soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper.
- Add cooked noodles.
- Serve the soup garnished with sliced green onions.
- These meat balls can also be baked in the oven or fried in a little oil, and then served as an entree with rice.