Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a common snack that is found in the vietnamese culture. It is referred as "Pate Chaud" This recipe was passed to me from my grandmother. These are great for parties. The liverwurst is what pulls all the flavors together.
- 3 (1471.34 g) package puff pastry, thawed (I use Pepperridge farm)
- 113.39 g lean ground beef
- 113.39 g ground pork or 113.39 g mild pork sausage
- 56.69 g package liverwurst
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml whole black peppercorn, cracked
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 2.46-4.92 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- Brown the ground beef, set aside in big mixing bowl.
- Brown the ground pork, add to ground beef.
- Saute onions and garlic, add to meat mixture.
- Add liverwurst, pepper, salt, soy sauce and sesame oil to meat mixture. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a floured surface lay down one sheet of puff pastry.
- Cut sheet into 9 smaller squares, I use a pizza cutter.
- Place a tablespoon of meat mixture in the middle of each pastry square.
- Fold pastry square in half to make a triangle form.
- Press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry sheets. (at this point you can freeze the triagles in a single layer to have on hand at all times).
- On greased cookie sheet, lay triangle in a single layer.
- Beat egg with a little bit of water, (1 tablespoon).
- Brush triangle with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown (20-25 minutes if frozen).
These are delicious and so easy to make. Thanks for the recipe!
very flavorful snack. It reminds me of how my grandmother use to make it. It would be perfect for snacks or as a side to a salad. Very tastey