- 2 1⁄2 cm fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 small red chilies, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lime, divided into segments
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- * Put the garlic, sugar, chilies and garlic into a mortar and pound until well blended.
- * Add the lime segments and pound again until the mixture is as smooth as possible.
- * Stir in the fish sauce. If you like, you can use a small food processor instead of a pestle and mortar.
- * This sauce will be good for 10 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.