Recipe by Member #610488
This traditional recipe is quick and easy to make. The lemongrass-scented stir-fried shrimp makes a fine centerpiece to a wonderful salad or Asian style meal.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass, minced
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the shallots and garlic, quickly stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and lemongrass; stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with the fish sauce, sugar, and a little salt.
- Stir-fry until the shrimp is cooked and the mushrooms are wilted, another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.