Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
By request from board. I never cooked this dish with a recipe before, so please bear with me, and adjust it to your taste. Thank you.
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 cups pickled mustard greens
- 1⁄2 lb pork chop, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 6 cups water
- Squeeze salt water out of the pickled greens.
- Wash pork chops carefully.
- You might want to boil them once to get rid of the smell of marrow.
- Heat oil in a big pot over high heat.
- Saute tomatoes for about 3 minutes, add pickled greens, then the pork chops.
- Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to your taste.
- The pickled mustard greens is salty and sour, so go easy on the salt a bit.
- Stir everything around for 4-5 minutes.
- Add water, cover and let it simmer.
- Normally I leave the pot simmering for about an hour or more, since I like the chops well done.