1/1 Photo of Vietnamese Hot and Sour Soup
This recipe was posted on the box of rice noodles, and I'm posting here so I don't lose it. It's slightly modified for our taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces rice noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained as directed on package
- 5 cups chicken broth or 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 stalks lemongrass, crushed and thinly sliced diagonally (use only bottom third to half of the stalk)
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced (or button mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or slightly more to taste)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1In a large pot, bring broth, lemongrass, mushrooms, and onion to a boil.
- 2Add shrimp, fish sauce and lime juice to the pot.
- 3Cook until shrimp is opaque (1 - 2 minutes).
- 4Add rice noodles and heat another minute.
- 5Serve in soup bowls with garnishes as desired.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Hot and Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 1664.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: