Recipe by Sue Lau
If McDonalds were Vietnamese, I suppose we would be eating these all the time. But then again, try these! You may end up eating them all the time anyway!
Top Review by Bergy
Well Sue I usually love my burgers with fried mushrooms, double cheese, raw onion, tomatoe & lettuce etc - you get the picture -- Well I've been eyeing this version of your burger and I kept saying NOWAY but also I kept seeing it was your recipe so I tried it tonight - Blew me away - Fabulous flavor! It is rare that I can get fresh Lemon grass so I used dried put the grass, dried garlic flakes & chili flakes in a spice blender and murdered them to powder, mixed that and the fish sauce into the burger. Toasted the bun on the inside only, heaped on the cuke, lettuce, bean srouts and SWEET CHILI Sauce (love it spicy) This was one great burger. served with Baking Stone Oven fries - that's alll MMMmmmm good I love your recipes Sue Thanks
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 slice cucumber
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- iceberg lettuce
- sweet chili sauce (optional; or sweet & sour)
- nuoc cham sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef with fish sauce, lemongrass, garlic, and red pepper.
- Form 4 patties out of beef, patting lightly.
- Cook over hot coals (preferred), or cook in skillet or under broiler, turning once.
- Serve on split kaiser rolls (toasted if you prefer), with slices of cucumber, bean sprouts, and lettuce leaves.
- For condiments, use sweet chilli sauce (tastes like a spicy hot sweet& sour).
- You can also use extra nuoc cham and extra chile flakes, (if desired).