1/2 Photos of Vietnamese grilled pork wrapped in Lettuce
This interesting Vietnamese grilled dish combines pork with the sweet spice of anise and cinnamon. The longer the pork is marinated, the more flavorful the dish. To serve according to Vietnamese tradition, wrap in lettuce leaves, with noodles and fresh mint and cilantro leaves inside. I found this recipe at the EthnicGrocer sight. How good and easy does it sound! I think I'll make it with chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon anise, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon stir-fry oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1Cut pork into 8 to 10 strips.
- 2Combine marinade ingredients.
- 3Add meat and marinate meat for 1 hour.
- 4Grill or broil pork until done, about 10-15.
- 5Arrange lettuce leaves, mint, cilantro, and noodles on a serving platter.
- 6To serve, wrap hot meat, mint, cilantro, and noodles in lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese grilled pork wrapped in Lettuce
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 4081.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: