Prep 8 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Pork tenderloin on the barbecue has never been so tender or simple. I found this recipe in Gourmet magazine and didn't like the carmelizing process, so I just made it my own marinade. And my brother's tips on grilling tenderloin made it so easy!
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the sugar, green onions, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the tenderloins, making sure they are coated with the marinade.
- Let sit in the fridge for as short as 4 hours, as long as 24 hours, turning when you can.
- Heat grill or broiler in your oven. But the outdoor grill is best.
- My brother's trick to grill these is to put them on the grill, on medium heat, and cover for 7 minutes, not disturbing them. Then turn over for 6 minutes. And then turn off the grill and let rest for 5.
- With my propane grill, I do them for 8,7,6. You want a bit of pink showing in the middle but almost all white.
- I love to eat these with a thai sweet and hot sauce, kids love them with plum sauce, and some just like them as is.
EXCELLENT! I marinated about 20 hours, then broiled in-house (winter time) about 5 1/2 minutes each 'side' on HI, came out great. Note that you have to make 2 tenderloins because: 1. they come 2/pack, and 2. one will be completely eaten by 'tasting' before you're ready to serve. (Initially it doesn't look like enough marinade, but after about 6 or 8 hours you no longer doubt).
WOW!!! This was great! I followed the instructions for the propane grill to a "T", and it was perfect. I served it with rice and topped it all with fresh cilantro---delicious! I'm planning on using the leftover pork for Vietnamese noodle salad (a great recipe is Hanoi Bun Bao--Hanoi Bun Bao on Recipezaar) instead of the beef. Thanks for a great recipe!
Delicious and easy! I marinated the meat for a day and cooked them in my grill pan on the top of the stove. Will certainly make this again!