Recipe by English_Rose
Super chicken wings marinated with lemongrass and basted with oyster sauce, chili and honey. Time includes marinating. Served with salad.
- 15 chicken wings
- 3 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cucumber, cut into ribbons using a potato peeler
- 3 carrots, cut into ribbons using a potato peeler
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl with the lemongrass. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinate for three hours.
- Whisk the oyster and chili sauces together with the water and honey, then set aside.
- Place the chicken wings on a barbecue and grill for five minutes on each side until just cooked.
- Score the wings with a knife, then brush with some of the oyster sauce mixture.
- NB: It is important not to put the sauce on at the beginning as the sugar content is high and you will burn the wings.
- Place the cucumber and carrot ribbons on a plate and top with the chicken wings.
- Serve with a drizzle of the remaining sauce.