Recipe by Vicki in CT
From Emeril. Serving size as appetizers. Also did not include overnight marinating in prep time.
Top Review by Darkhunter
These were delicious, my friend.....I kept grabbing one each time I went through the kitchen.....do you realize how many times you go through your kitchen, daily! Each of your ingredients married perfectly! Would I make these again? You bet! I've got the other naked wings just begging to jump into this! Thnx for sharing, Vicki. Made for the Voracious Vagabonds for ZZWT6.
- 1360.77-1587.57 g chicken wings, separated at the joints, wing tips reserved for another purpose
- 29.58 ml roughly chopped garlic
- 59.14 ml chopped shallot
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 44.37 ml chopped green onions, bottoms
- 118.29 ml lemongrass, bottoms roughly chopped
- 44.37 ml packed light brown sugar
- 78.07 ml fish sauce
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 44.37 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the wing pieces under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside in a large bowl while you prepare the marinade.
- Combine the garlic, shallots, ginger, green onions, lemongrass, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and peanut oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the marinade over the chicken wings and place in a plastic resealable food storage bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium and remove the wings from the marinade. Reserve the marinade to brush the wings while they cook. Place the wings on the grill and season with the salt, and cook, turning over every few minutes and basting with the marinade for the first 18 minutes or so. Continue to cook the wings until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter and garnish with the chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.