1/8 Photos of Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Wings
Vicki in CT's Note:
From Emeril. Serving size as appetizers. Also did not include overnight marinating in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77-1587.57 g chicken wings, separated at the joints, wing tips reserved for another purpose
- 29.58 ml roughly chopped garlic
- 59.14 ml chopped shallot
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 44.37 ml chopped green onions, bottoms
- 118.29 ml lemongrass, bottoms roughly chopped
- 44.37 ml packed light brown sugar
- 78.07 ml fish sauce
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 44.37 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Rinse the wing pieces under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside in a large bowl while you prepare the marinade.
- 2Combine the garlic, shallots, ginger, green onions, lemongrass, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and peanut oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the marinade over the chicken wings and place in a plastic resealable food storage bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3Preheat the grill to medium and remove the wings from the marinade. Reserve the marinade to brush the wings while they cook. Place the wings on the grill and season with the salt, and cook, turning over every few minutes and basting with the marinade for the first 18 minutes or so. Continue to cook the wings until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes more.
- 4Place the chicken on a serving platter and garnish with the chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.8
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 1609.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 45.1 g