Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great flavours & quick to make. Prep time includes the 1/2 hour marinating.
- 11 1⁄4 ounces steak fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin short strips
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 4 green onions, cut into long thin diagonal slices
- Combine the steak, oil, garlic, pepper and capsicum in a glass bowl- cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok until it is hot.
- Add the beef mixture and stir over high heat, sprinkling with the combined sugar and fish sauce, for 2- 3 minutes.
- Stir the stock and cornflour in a bowl to form a smooth paste.
- Add to the beef along with the green onions and toss for a further one minute.
- Serve with hot rice noodles.
I've recently become enamored with all types of Asian foods. The way I see it, I'm eating my way through the far east. Tonight, I'm ingesting Hanoi.
This was pretty yummy and very quick and easy! Will definitely make this again. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.