Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from The Essential Asian Cookbook
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Place the chicken pieces in a medium pan, cover with cold water and bring to boil. Skim any scum from the surface.
- Add the salt, pepper and five spice powder and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Drain the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan; add the chicken pieces, about 3 at a time, and fry until golden and very crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate, and sprinkle over the fish sauce, lime juice and chili.