Recipe by Chef Farmer
This is the dipping sauce you get in Vietnamese restaurants when you order Imperial rolls or vermicelli salad bowls.
- 1⁄2 cup vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asian red chili paste or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- The 2 towns most noted for their fish sauce are Phu Quoc and Phan Thiet. Check the label when buying your fish sauce, the "nhi" signifies a high quality sauce.
- Mince your 2 cloves of garlic and shred your carrot.
- Combine with the fish sauce, sugar, water, chili paste and lime juice.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves. Makes about 2 cups to serve.