Chef Farmer's Note:
This is the dipping sauce you get in Vietnamese restaurants when you order Imperial rolls or vermicelli salad bowls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The 2 towns most noted for their fish sauce are Phu Quoc and Phan Thiet. Check the label when buying your fish sauce, the "nhi" signifies a high quality sauce.
- 2Mince your 2 cloves of garlic and shred your carrot.
- 3Combine with the fish sauce, sugar, water, chili paste and lime juice.
- 4Stir until the sugar dissolves. Makes about 2 cups to serve.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Fish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2203.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste