Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is delicious on just about anything including plain white rice. Wonderful on grilled shrimp. It is the sauce used for the Grilled Vietnamese Jumbo Shrimp on Sugarcane Sticks that I posted. Great recipe with many variations!
- 1⁄4 carrot (2-inch piece)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup asian fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 red Thai chile, thinly sliced (2-3 more if you like it hot)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Peel carrot lengthwise with a vegetable peeler. Stack carrot slices and cut into very fine long julienne strips.
- In a bowl, mash the garlic with the sugar. Add remaining ingredients and carrot slices and mix well.
Nuoc cham is good on everything. Try dipping egg rolls in it. To die for. My mom makes nuoc cham without the vinegar though and it is always at our dinner table. we used it on scrambled eggs even. :)
Love it! Oops, did not add any water at all and loved it that way.
I made this exactly as written and it was absolutely a WONDERFUL sauce for my Thit Cot-let Chien(pan fried pork steaks)!!! This is absolutely going to be in my fridge at all times from now on!!!