Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe in the People's Friend, a scottish magazine. They filled these pancakes with a seafood salad mixture, but i guess you could use anything. I suspect the rice flour is sticky rice flour (or sweet or glutinous rice flour). I used normal rice flour and they didn't hang together very well, but the flavour is great.
- Sift the rice flour and turmeric, salt and sugar together.
- Stir in the coconut milk, sunflower oil and water until well combined and batter is smooth with a pouring consistency.
- Using sunflower oil, heat large non stick pan and pour in enough batter to make a nice, thick pancake to desired size.
- Let this cook on one side for about 3-5 mins until golden.
- The recipe does not say to cook on both sides, so I guess the uncooked side would have to be dry before you took it out.