Found this recipe in the People's Friend, a scottish magazine. They filled these pancakes with a seafood salad mixture, but i guess you could use anything. I suspect the rice flour is sticky rice flour (or sweet or glutinous rice flour). I used normal rice flour and they didn't hang together very well, but the flavour is great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the rice flour and turmeric, salt and sugar together.
- 2Stir in the coconut milk, sunflower oil and water until well combined and batter is smooth with a pouring consistency.
- 3Using sunflower oil, heat large non stick pan and pour in enough batter to make a nice, thick pancake to desired size.
- 4Let this cook on one side for about 3-5 mins until golden.
- 5The recipe does not say to cook on both sides, so I guess the uncooked side would have to be dry before you took it out.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Crispy Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.9
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 172.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g