Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great first course to any Vietnamese Dinner. Fast and easy to make.
Make and share this Vietnamese Cold Noodles with Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces rice noodles (mai fun)
- 2 lbs cooked small shrimp
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup snipped chives or 1 cup green onion
- 1 cup snipped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh hot chili pepper
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 fresh red chilies, seeded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- (Nuoc Cham: puree these 5 ingredients to smooth. Will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge.) Cook rice sticks according to package directions.
- Drain well and rinse in cold water.
- Drain well.
- Place on a large serving platter surrounded by remaining ingredients in small bowls.