Recipe by Dib's
A great first course to any Vietnamese Dinner. Fast and easy to make.
Top Review by VNspirit Nguyen
I have been cooking this for years and would urge people to try it, although not with the half cup of chili peppers unless they're into self torture. Start the chili slowly one pepper at a time or use dried pepper flakes since they are more controllable
- 8 ounces rice noodles (mai fun)
- 2 lbs cooked small shrimp
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup snipped chives or 1 cup green onion
- 1 cup snipped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh hot chili pepper
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 fresh red chilies, seeded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- (Nuoc Cham: puree these 5 ingredients to smooth. Will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge.) Cook rice sticks according to package directions.
- Drain well and rinse in cold water.
- Drain well.
- Place on a large serving platter surrounded by remaining ingredients in small bowls.