Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Vietnamese Chicken With Lemongrass and Cashews recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 4 small dried chilies
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 4 scallions, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a bowl add the sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce and chicken stock.
- Heat a wok and add a little oil, once sizzling add the dried chillies, followed by the garlic.
- Slice chicken into 1 inch cubes. Add the chicken slices in small amounts and stir fry until golden. Remove chicken from wok.
- In the empty wok, add the cashew nuts and stir fry, followed by the lemon grass. Add the bowl of sauces then the chicken. Stir fry until all the sauces are covering the chicken, Add the remaining ingredients including the spring onions and stir fry a further minute.
- Serve at once, with some steamed rice.