Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in with some new cookware.
Make and share this Vietnamese Chicken With Cashew Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup cashew nuts (roasted, unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 2 shallots, cut in eighths
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom
- 2 small dried chilies (more to taste)
- Stir-fry the chilies in the 1/2 tsp oil until translucent. Set aside.
- Add another 1/2 tsp oil and stir-fry the garlic until just golden.
- Add the the rest of the oil with the chicken, sugar, oyster sauce, and soy sauce and stir-fry until the chicken begins to brown.
- Lower the heat and add the chicken broth. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the cashew nuts, lemon grass, shallots, mushrooms, and cooked chilies and stir 3 gently more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.