Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on the cooksrecipes.com website, in their international recipes collection. Maggi sauce should be available in the Asian aisle of most larger grocery stores and international markets. The chicken is moist and flavorful with a tangy glaze with only a hint of heat.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 7 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maggi seasoning sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -4 cups white rice, cooked
- Place chicken in large bowl; sprinkle with salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Combine chicken and garlic in large bowl; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides (in batches, if necessary). Place chicken on paper towels to drain.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, seasoning sauce and chili powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoning sauce mixture; bring to a boil. Add chicken; cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid thickens to a glaze and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with hot cooked white rice.