Recipe by echo echo
A really useful recipe from an old issue of Cooking Light.
Top Review by mcp9n
I am a big fan of Pho. Most of the attraction for me is how richly flavored the chicken broth is and I have been looking to recreate that stock. As the previous comment notes it does not have chili pepper flakes, lime juice, etc. But my experience has always been that those are the things you add after being served, to your own taste. Anyhow this stock had the rich flavor I lust after.
- 2 cups chopped leeks (about 3 leeks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger (about 4 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 10 chicken wings (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and quartered (such as Vidalia)